Sunscreen powder that is dry and all natural. No nasty chemicals to upset sensitive skin. It blocks all UVA and UVB rays, repels water and is non sticky. Because it is a light powder, horses do not react badly when applied to sensitive areas such as the muzzle.
Multiple Use Powder
Made in Australia for our harsh conditions. Long lasting and water resistant. Withstands your horses normal grazing and drinking. Unsurprisingly, Good Gear Naturals Sunscreen powder is chemical and fragrance free, great for sensitive skin or horses that may react to chemicals found in liquid sunscreens.
Easy and quick to use, choice of applicator pad or optional brush applicator. Additionally, application to feather in heavy horses breeds can assist in keeping mud fever at bay. Also naturally antibacterial, dust the powder onto hard to reach areas. Toughening the skin, Zinc is soothing to eczema and dermatitis conditions. Best of all, its 100 percent NATURAL.
Perhaps zinc’s greatest reputation is its role as a natural alternative to chemical formulations. Unsurprisingly, chemical ingredients in sunscreen often cause irritation or allergic reactions, particularly on sensitive skin. There are numerous ways that zinc oxide works on the skin to block sun damage from UVA and UVB rays
- Because zinc is a mineral, it sits on top of the skin and reflects the sun. Provides a physical barrier to the sun.
- The natural sun-protecting benefits of zinc oxide have been the focus of much research. Zinc oxide offers protection against broad spectrum ultraviolet rays.Today zinc oxide is added to many more products beyond sunscreen.
How effective zinc oxide products are for repelling the sun
- How strongly a product prevents sunburn depends on how much zinc oxide is used in the product. Of course, percentages of zinc oxide vary, and the final percentage will determine the products specified SPF level.
- In sunscreens, zinc oxide percentages are around 25 to 30 percent.
- Naturally, The less zinc oxide that is used, the shorter the window of protection. As a result, SPF 15 will therefore last for less time than SPF 30, which contains more zinc.
- Of course, our Sunscreen Powder is 100% Zinc Oxide and will provide the maximum protection minus the nasty chemicals!
If you have any questions about our all natural sunscreen powder please contact us.